Upon celebrating a year of your small business’s operation, you plan to improve your presence online as you already have a stable customer base. Here’s how Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Keywords can play a role in promoting your brand and business online.
WHAT IS AN SEO KEYWORD?
Any word or phrase that exists to function as a channel between the words users search for and the content you provide on your website to match them, is an SEO Keyword.
SEO Keywords allow users to easily find your site when searching for what you offer or anything similar to it. A well-optimised website is one that speaks the same language as its potential visitor.
WHERE TO USE SEO KEYWORDS?
Placing the keywords in the right places can help you achieve the traffic you desire.
- SEO Keywords in your page titles are good because users know exactly what they are about to read and can easily decide if it is what they are looking for.
- SEO Keywords in your meta description can help search engines decide the relevance of your content and also allow users to get a glimpse of what your site has to offer.
- Placing SEO Keywords in your headings and subheadings will help searchers quickly confirm if your page is what they’re looking for, titles may be too general.
- Content is one of the best places you can use SEO Keywords. Black-hat SEO techniques such as keyword stuffing should be avoided as they can ruin your ranks.
Using an SEO Keyword once per paragraph is preferable for your content to be readable and easy to understand.
- Images should be used in line with your content; but SEO keywords can also be added to image titles and in the alt text – which is in itself important for site accessibility reasons.
- Insert SEO keywords in your URL so that your customers can find you easily, and make sure to keep them short and steer clear of keyword stuffing.
- SEO keywords in social media posts and hashtags make content easy to find and navigate users to your page.
- Place SEO keywords in your business description on external sites to improve the chances of being found when people search products, services and business contacts similar to yours.
TIPS FOR YOUR SEO KEYWORD JOURNEY
SEO keywords are highly scalable based on your needs and limitations. It may take an hour or a week, you may spend $100 or not a single penny at all.
Here are some tips to consider when creating your SEO keyword strategy:
1. Empathise with your customers and their needs in order to select keywords that speak their perspectives.
2. Create a list of SEO keywords that match your customer needs to bring them to your site.
5. Filter your SEO keywords by topic, audience, or any way that suits your needs.
Proper research allows you to discover how people search for your business online and help you figure out how you adapt to the language they speak. It will also help to integrate your users with your content so they feel as if your content is meant just for them. This increases the chances of them coming across your site the next time they search a similar entry.