Landing (web) pages make for an effective way to pitch any offer online. These pages are essential for every digital marketing campaign, but it takes some effort to come up with one that turns visitors into actual buyers.
WHAT IS A LANDING PAGE
A landing page is a web page built with advertising or marketing campaigns in mind. Interested visitors are directed to such pages when they have clicked on a promotional link or a web ad. These pages are designed to lead you to a call to action (CTA) that compels you to buy into the pitch.
Landing pages offer myriad benefits to your marketing campaign. Stats show that addressing pain points on your landing page can create an 80% conversion rate. Here are some benefits:
- You can increase conversions through landing pages.
- You can test your landing page and get various insights into your market.
- It provides metrics directly related to your goals.
- They add further context to ads, blurbs, CTAs and the like.
- They let you create an excellent first impression of your business.
HOW TO CREATE A HIGH-CONVERTING LANDING PAGE
You can follow this proven approach to creating a landing page that converts:
- Find a platform to build your landing page. There are many page builders that you can use to create a landing page for your offer. You need one that is easy to use and will not take time for you to learn.
- Use templates to make the work easier. Good landing page builders have a tonne of in-built templates. These practically reduce the effort needed in this task. It also helps that most builders have templates that you can further customise to meet your needs.
- Showcase the value of your business. You should effectively communicate on your landing page just how your offer can benefit your target audience. This can be done through a combination of engaging content, attractive visuals and compelling CTAs.
HOW TO LEAD PROSPECTS TO YOUR PAGE
Before your landing page can convert your target audience into paying customers, you will first need to get them there. To do so, you will need to provide incentives for clicks, and here are some offers that you can use:
- Whitepaper reports. You can lock these reports behind a landing page and get leads while stoking further interest in your offer.
- Email newsletters. Newsletter subscriptions are a great way to know who is truly interested in what you offer. Newsletters can also be used to house links that lead to your landing page.
- Free product trials. These can also be locked behind landing pages in an effort to generate and convert leads.
Building an effective landing page is no cinch. However, incorporate an effective one into your digital marketing campaign and its benefits will outweigh the cost and time.